Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Reflections on My Words of the Year

I have decided that I want to post on a regular basis about how I've been living with my chosen words of the year. It's been a month and things have been shifting and changing.

Forgive the blurry picture I posted but it was just too good to not share it. When I was at my Wild Heart Painting retreat I pulled an animal totem card from the deck they had out. I chuckled when I read it. The words were so blurry that I cropped them out to save you the eye strain. Here is what it said, "This is a time of good fortune and abundance so be willing to receive all good things in your life."

Wow, how awesome is that? I have to be honest. When I read it I thought to myself, sure, they're all good like that. Then I shuffled through the deck and saw the goat card which had something about being stuck written on it. Well, I didn't get that card now did I?

So here is what I am thinking about this abundance thing. The first messages I got were about appreciating the abundance I already have. Check. Now it's the second part of that card that strikes me... "be willing to receive all good things in your life." This is the shift. This is where the power is.

Am I open to the good things in life? Am I deserving? Will I allow them in? This is where the focus will lead me as I head off into February.

Now courage. Upon reflection I haven't been focusing on this word much. When I first began writing this post I was beating myself up a bit, feeling like I haven't put enough effort into it. That is until I found this quote.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
Mary Anne Radmacher

This speaks to me. It speaks right to my heart. This is who I am. This is how I live my life everyday and I am going to wrap up the first month of 2011 by appreciating myself for this kind of courage and waiting to see what unfolds as I step into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment