I was blessed to receive a Beautiful Blogger from Patti Foy of Lightspirited Being. I just love the Internet because it allows me the opportunity to get to know the most amazing people anywhere in the world. Patti lives in New Mexico and has an amazing combination of talents and experiences. She is a Vedic Astrologer, a channeler, and an energy worker. Check out her blog to learn more about this awesome woman.
Part of my responsibilities for receiving this award are to:
- Share 7 things about me that you probably don't know
- Pass the award on to 5 other beautiful bloggers
7 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me
1. When I was in 2nd grade my house burned down. I was home with my mom and dad at the time. I actually saw the smoke and told my parents and they got us out of there pronto. I remember watching from the car as the house went up in flames and I cried and cried and I remember my dad saying, "Why are you crying? That's just stuff. We are all safe and that's all that matters." It was really a great lesson.
But here's the really unusual part of the story and the reason I'm sharing it with you. Shortly after the fire, we were left with nothing. No clothes, no furniture, no toys. And guess what we did. We flew to the Canary Islands for a vacation. Of course that's what most people would do right?
It was the coolest trip for me and probably the thing that started my fascination with travel. I remember climbing the sand dunes, splashing in the ocean, driving up the mountains, drinking the warm goat milk (yuk), and exploring the markets with all the African masks, spears, and animal hides.
Of course my parents bought suitcases and stuffed them full of those artifacts and brought them home to open a new restaurant called Dr. Livingston's Incredible Edibles I Presume. But that's a whole other story.
2. I've done a lot of training in my life. It started when I was young. I was tall and thin so I went to modeling school. I took classes to be a makeup artist. I played the viola. Years later I was trained as an airbrush artist. I travelled all over the US to study from some of the best mosaic artists including a trip to Venice to study with a mosaic master. I went through a year long training called The Journey, I've been attuned for Reiki 2, I am a trained hypnotherapist, I am a trained juice feasting consultant, raw food chef, Nutritional Counselor, and Holistic Health Coach. The funny thing is there is probably more but I just can't think of it right now.
3. In my lifetime I've had 15 dogs, 1 cat, 5 birds, 1 hamster, and 1 gecko. I would have to say that from a young age I became a dog person. The full extent of that didn't occur to me until one day I was telling a friend about the one cat I owned and the reason I got rid of it. You see I had 2 dogs at the time and no matter where I put the cat's liter box those dogs always managed to get to it and eat the kitty crunchies. I thought it was so gross so I got rid of the cat. Of course my friend said, "Wait, let me get this straight. The cat was doing its business where it was supposed to and the dogs were the ones eating it, and you got rid of the cat?!" Hmmmm, I realized it made no sense but it proved that some people are just dog people and I'm one of them.
4. I am an only child. I always wanted a brother or sister and I used to beg my parents to no avail. I was lucky enough to have my cousin Jenny who was 3 years younger than me and when we were young I considered her my sister. I believe my childhood without siblings had a lot to do with my decision to have 5 children of my own. I guess I created the situation I most wanted when I was little. I hope they don't decide to have only children now. ;o)
5. I used to be a Creative Memories Consultant. I actually loved it. It was so fun to teach people how to scrapbook. I used to have these workshops with different themes at my house. There was a pajama party, a wine and cheese party, and some big scrap-a-thons. I have several scrapbooks for my first 2 boys, a gazillion of my 3rd son, 1 for my 4th, and none for my fifth. Ugh! I have such guilt that I asked the older boys not to bring out the scrapbooks because I don't want the little ones to know. gulp!
6. I've always had this fascination with astrology. I am a Leo. I married a Leo (my first marriage was to a Taurus. Not a good combo!). When I was pregnant with my children I bought this book called Child Signs and read about all the different signs. I learned about the sun sign, the moon sign, mercury and Venus. I couldn't believe my first 2 children were cancer children. How was I going to deal with those sensitive souls? I am a Leo for goodness sakes! My 3rd is a Virgo and I'm still waiting for his sun sign to kick in and the neatness bug to hit him. My 4th is a Libra and when I was pregnant with my 5th I couldn't believe it was possible I could have another cancer baby. He managed to come out early and he is a Gemini so I got to mix it up a little.
7. I have this thing about seeing multiple numbers on the clock. It's weird I know but it started with 11:11. I swear I would see it just about every day, sometimes twice a day. Now just about everyday I manage to glance over at the clock and see a time like, 2:22, or 5:55. It blows my mind how frequently it happens and now I just smile every time.
So now onto the good stuff!
5 Beautiful Bloggers
1. First and foremost is the amazing Connie at Dirty Footprints Studio. She rocks my world! She is creative, deep, open, talented, funny, quirky, and absolutely beautiful from her soul. You simply have to check out her blog and share in the beauty she emanates.
2. Tam over at Willowing is a wonderful artists. Her work has this deep, healing quality to it and she has a glowing light about her. I love watching her dance around with her adorable little son. She also has a ning site where she offers courses and she is currently offering a free course called The Art of Heart. You have to check it out.
3. Alisa Burke has the most beautiful blog! I just love going over there. It's like a feast for my eyes. Her photography is gorgeous and I love her creative and playful spirit. She is always coming up with new projects and she even shares recipes and beautiful pictures of her food. Love it!
4. Michelle over at Michelle My Belle has a beautiful blog. She is a mom and an artist and I just love her style. It's so whimsical and colorful. Right now she is in China with her daughter and sharing some beautiful photos and you have to check out this post. It's beautiful!
5. I've only just recently discovered Scarlett at Blue, Purple, and Scarlett. I was floored with this adorable baby photograph and then hooked with these Candy Corn Cards. I've had so much fun browsing through her blog and seeing all of her beautiful creations.
I want to thank all of you ladies for bringing some beauty into my life. Keep doing what you are doing and being who you are because you are so beautiful!!!