Monday, November 22, 2010

I am Beginning...


We've all heard about positive affirmations and the power they can have. Some people believe it, others do not. I believe that everything we do, think, and say is energy that goes out into the universe so why not send out the best?

The thing is, sometimes it's just not that easy. I have this idea about truth and honesty. I know it most situations in life it serves me well. It is not, however, so great when it holds me back from making the changes I desire.

You may be confused about what I am talking about here so let me explain. Let' say I want to become more organized in my home. The suggestion for a positive affirmation my be something like, "I am organized."

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but...I am not organized so it feels like a lie when I speak it or think it. I know people will say, "Yes, you need to keep saying it until it becomes a reality." I get it, I do. Still, it just doesn't seem right to me.

But with the addition of just three little words it completely shifts the energy for me and makes it feel right. "I am beginning to be more organized." Ah yes. That is true. I can work with that. It gives me that positive energy without feeling like a lie.

So if you are struggling with those positive affirmations like I have, try adding those three words and see if makes a difference for you.

1 comment:

  1. brilliant!
    thank you Michelle.

    *I am beginning to reveal my true authentic self.*

    :o)

    ReplyDelete