Saturday, August 28, 2010

Taking Action

Here is my action orientated journal page. I took my own advice from the page to make the page. I just did it. I didn't mess around, I didn't try to make it perfect. I embraced the mistakes and kept moving.

I did the background with watercolor and then painted the words in gesso. I used my white paint pen and my new sharpie pen that I love. It doesn't bleed! Yay!

I found some great action quotes and added them to the page. I think this is going to be a great reminder and motivation for me to take action. You see, I am a thinker, a dreamer, a planner...not a do-er. Problem is, all this thinking and dreaming is getting me nowhere closer to reaching those dreams. I have to begin to take action!!!

Some of the quotes that really spoke to me are:

You cannot change anything in life with intention alone, which can become watered down, occasional hope that you'll get to tomorrow. Intention without action is useless.
-Caroline Myss

A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle.
- Kahill Gibran

The self is not something ready made, but something in continuous formation through choice of action.
- John Dewey

Start where you are, used what you have, Do what you can.
-Arthur Ashe

Bite of more than you can chew then chew it.
-Ella Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment