Friday, August 20, 2010

Tree Love

I fell in love with the trees! I wanted to have a love affair with them. I was hiking through the woods and everywhere I turned there was an amazing tree with these beautiful roots that were speckled with moss. I couldn't stop taking pictures.

There were times when I wished I were alone in the woods. Alone with the trees. Just me and the trees. I knew I could spend hours in there if I were left to my own devices. The smell of the forest is so intoxicating and the sound of my feet hitting the forest floor even thrilled me. There is something about being in the woods that does it for me.

There was one day where I found myself alone in the woods for a few minutes. I walked up to one of my tree friends and put my feet on the roots that were poking out of the ground and I just sat there wondering what it was that was drawing me in. What was it about these trees and their roots?

Then it hit me. Whenever I have gotten energy healing in the past I've been told that my root chakra is weak and that I need to ground myself. One of the exercises for the root chakra is to imagine roots coming out of your feet and going deep into the ground pulling up the energy of the earth.

There I was standing on the roots pulling up energy and healing myself and I didn't even know why. I didn't need a why, I just felt it. I knew it was right.

It became crystal clear that some day when I move to a new location that I NEED to be around trees. I love the beach and I love the water but I NEED the trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment