Monday, August 16, 2010

Birthday Reflections


Today is my birthday. I turned 41. For forty years I've been trying to figure out who I am, what I am here for (besides having babies...I'm know I am good at that. :o). I have been living a full life, a good life. I've learned so much, did so much, and lived enough for 2 lives. Still, something seemed to be missing.

I tried finding it in so many different areas and while it always seemed to be close, there was just no cigar. But recently something shifted...something changed. It all started with an opened email where I was introduced to expressive painting. I hadn't even done it yet, just reading about it was enough to change my life.

Then I started cruising the web looking for more and more art, then I actually started creating my own and whoa! life hasn't been the same. It seems like the missing piece has been found and I have come full circle, back to the person I only dreamed I could be when I was a child.

Nothing I've done was without merit...everything I have done to this day has been amazing and has healed me and nourished me in just the way I needed to become this dream person I've been looking for. It's all been perfect. Now I am able to combine all of my life experience, all of the things I have learned and to help people creatively heal.

It is so exciting and I feel so darn blessed that I can't even believe it. Have you ever had the feeling that something was just so right and you didn't know how it was going to work out but you knew that it would? Well that is the feeling I am having right now about my future in the creative art world. Who could ask for a better birthday gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment