Thursday, March 29, 2012

Suburban Inspiration


 I took a little break at a local coffee shop and looked out the window and saw this tree. It inspired me in all its winter hibernation.


I didn't have any paper or artistic tools so I pulled out a ball point pen and did a little sketch on the back of my receipt.

It was interesting to really notice how the branches grow. I guess I've never really paid attention to that before but there is some rhyme and reason to it and I know that any time I draw a tree in the future I will be able to draw upon this quick sketch.

Just showing a little inspiration here in the suburbs.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Michelle! I love trees and the way they look naked. One day while "contemplating" some trees at a place I go for an Artist's Way group this thought came to me......Life doesn't happen in a straight line. The way the branches fork and diverge in different directions.....the same as the veins in a leaf or a river and it's tributaries seen from the air. I'm fascinated by the similarities in patterns in nature. But that thought about life not happening in a straight line has come to mean a lot to me on so many different levels since then! Sorry if I'm rambling here!

    ReplyDelete