Thursday, January 29, 2015

Be Here Now.


For those of you who follow me on Instagram (I LOVE Instagram! Come on over and follow me!) you know that I am in the process of getting an art studio...well, OK, my husband is in the process of making me an art studio. Hee hee.


I have always wanted my own art studio. My husband has spent the last two years toiling away in the basement to create an awesome space for my boys so I decided it was my turn. The idea is to turn my living room and dining room into my space.

The hardest part is running the electric for overhead lights and putting up a wall to give me some much needed privacy. I got a glass door for the entryway to allow light to pour through. I am so excited to see it when it is up.

As you can see, things are in a bit of disarray. I will spare you what the dining room on the right looks like. OMG, it is piled with stuff. Needless to say, this makes it rather difficult to access my paints and my art supplies. So I have been crocheting...A LOT.



At first I was kind of disappointed in myself. I love crocheting and it is a big part of my life but this was my year to paint and to create and it hasn't really happened.

But then I looked around and realized that there is no way I can really give myself to the creative process 100% at this point. It is the reality that is my life right now so why beat myself up? What good does that do?

And I surrendered to where I am and I focused on what I can do and how I want to feel and let me tell you, it has been wonderful. I have enjoyed myself so much this month. I have created so many fun pieces and I have shared my work with people all over the world and it feels good.

I think that it is so easy to get caught up in the idea of what we "should" be doing and allowing that critical voice inside to run rampant on our hearts. We want to DO everything and BE everyone but sometimes that is just not possible.

I encourage you to be where you are right now. Don't wish for something different. Stay in the moment and work with what you've got. Make THIS moment the best it can be. Focus on how you can be your best RIGHT NOW and see how things shift.

xo
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment