Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Smashing Business

I am the queen of ideas. If anything comes easy to me it is coming up with ideas. I am also the queen of spiral notebooks. I buy them in bulk at the beginning of the school year and I always have one, two, OK, probably 3 or 4 of them lying around my house, my car, in my purse. I use them for everything from writing lists, recording ideas, doodling, making notes...you name it and it's in there.

There are many problems with this I must admit. Number one is that I lose them. I misplace them and can't find them or the precious material that is in them. Also, I never know which one has which thought in them and I am forever leafing through notebooks looking for lost tidbits of information. It really is most frustrating.

While I was on vacation I watched a video of a woman who was talking about the exact same problem except she uses Moleskines. You will have to forgive me, I wanted to share the video with you but I can't find it. I've searched my history and I've gone back to try to find out where I ran across it but I can't for the life of me find it.

My new red Smash Book!

Her solution to this problem was to purchase a Smash Journal to use for all her blog and business ideas to keep them in one place. Genius! I rushed right out and got myself a pretty new smash journal. It comes with a pen that attaches to the journal and has a glue stick on one side so you can glue things in or "smash" them in.


Recording my notes from my spiral

There are decorative pages in the book and little doodles and fun things that make it easy to make it look nice. It is spiral bound so it is easy to work in and really, it's just plain fun.


So many ideas

I just happened to have one of my spiral notebooks with me in Florida (imagine that) so I decided that I was going to transfer some of the notes I had in there to my new journal. I got busy on the airplane and worked furiously for 2 1/2 hours straight. I was so excited.



It was wonderful looking back at all the great stuff I had in that spiral that I hadn't seen in a while. I was shocked at all the good stuff I had in there.


I love my new Smash Journal so much that I catch myself looking at it and petting the pages. It's so me. It's simple and not too decorated but it feels so nice to look at.




So far it's helping me record ideas that I might have even lost before and it's helping me organize my thoughts for the blog too.


I even have a page started for inspiration. I write down quotes and kind words shared through my blog, email and Facebook. All you sweet people who have something uplifting to say about my work will have a place to live right here in my Smash Journal. I love that!

3 comments:

  1. i love getting organized! what a fun and pretty way to do it!
    of course STAYING organized. well, that's a process isn't it? but so is life!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are talking of Liz Lamoreux ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    Well, my lists and ideas don't look nearly so pretty! Still, I'm so glad you wrote about this. It's a perfect gift for another list-maker (and artist!) in my life and now I know what to get her for the next occasion!
    Thanks! Hope all's super with you. I still love coming by from time to time and enjoying all your creations.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete