Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back from Vacation!

My boys exploring the mangroves
 Hi everyone,
I am back from a week in Florida with my family. It was so hard not being able to post while I was gone because it seemed like everyday I had something new I wanted to share with you!


I think there is something amazing that happens to our brains when we are on vacation. They relax and open up and man the ideas flow, the words come effortlessly.


I always love to do a little photography expedition and look for different things to take pictures of. Some of these are a mystery. I have no idea what they are but they looked cool so I took a snapshot.

My boys at Manatee Park (yes, we actually say some manatees!)

We have been going down to Florida at least once a year for about...I don't know...14 years. My dad bought a place down there and is officially a snow bird so for about 8 years we've been hanging around his place.
The grounds at my dad's home
In the beginning we used to go sightseeing and explore the area but for the last few years it seems like all the kids want to do is hang out by the pool and to be honest, I enjoy the down time so I haven't balked much.

This year was a little different. We decided to do a few more things. We explored a nature trail, headed off to see the manatees at manatee park, saw an exhibition game for our home soccer team the Fire,  saw a local hockey game, and I even got to spend time at a huge art fare they had down there! Woo hoo!


There was till plenty of time for relaxation, playing cards and of course watching the Superbowl!


I spent an hour or so in the mornings sitting out on the lanai before everyone woke up. I listened to the birds as they called out to each other, breathed in the fresh, humid air and felt the breeze cool me as I basked in the warmth of the sun. I would journal, watch art videos and write my daily gratitude emails. It was a great way to start the day.



We even got to see our very first wild alligator, something my husband has been wanting to see for...oh I don't know...14 years! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment