Monday, March 28, 2011

More Magazine Art


I decided to share a couple more pieces of art I've created using magazines. These two are hanging in my powder room. I really love how rich they are and these are my colors! Unfortunately I had a hard time getting decent photos of them since they are under glass.

I cut thin strips of magazines in similar colors and then wove them together and glued them using my favorite Modge Podge. Then I tore the edges, ran a little sand paper over them and crinkled them up to give them some character. I mounted them on paper, put them behind a mat, and viola inexpensive art.

Part of what I find exciting about using magazines is that they are filled with little secret bits. A face here, an eye there, some beautiful script or an amazing photograph all hidden within the piece. How fun!

1 comment: