Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Beginning of My Art Journey...Again


So welcome to my new blog. I am excited to be able to get started in the art community again. I've dabbled on and off for years since I was a kid. Drawing was my favorite thing to do and I drew all the time. When I hit high school I struggled until I got to take art classes. I was in love.

Somewhere during those classes I began to notice that there were some kids who had this amazing natural ability and I got the idea that I probably would never be good at art so I gave it up. I've recently learned that I have perfectionist tendencies. I know, you would think I would know that about myself but it was hidden. You can read all about it on my health coaching blog if you want. The thing is that if I wasn't going to be perfect, there was no sense doing it at all.

Over the years I would be overcome by a creativity bug. I would feel drawn to create something. I started scrapbooking, took the odd course here and there and was actually a mosaic artist for a few years. But, it never seemed to work. I always had that nagging feeling that I wasn't good enough and I would quit.

So I've been doing lots of healing work on myself and I was reintroduced to the world of art journalling. How fabulous! I could be free to create whatever I wanted without worrying how it looks. It could be complete crap and that's OK cuz it's just a journal. Amazing!



The photos in this post and in the header of the blog are photos of my first painting in my journal. I was quite pleased with the entire process. I went out into my screen room early in the morning and just started painting. I didn't know what was going to come out of it and I was pleasantly surprised by it.


No comments:

Post a Comment