Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A Year of Vision Portraits


I love it when I am working on something and I get into the flow. It feels so good to have the energy rushing and things that come together effortlessly. That is why I love Freedom Art so much. It isn't about making something that has to look a certain way. It is about expressing yourself, playing and having fun. 



That is what I am doing with my new Vision Portraits. I took a picture of myself, turned it black and white and blew it up to 18" x 24" and then let loose on it with collage, chalk markers and chalk pastels. It was so much fun and the coolest thing about it is that it really ended up feeling like a bit of a vision board for where I was at that point in my life. 

The interesting twist is to use your own image as the canvas. OMG, at first I thought I might die. I did not enjoy looking at myself blown up to that size and yet I know that there is so much healing to be done around my own ideas of self worth and self acceptance through facing myself in this way. 

The amazing thing is that once I got started I almost forgot I was working on...well me. LOL. I had such a blast and go so many great insights that I decided to keep going and make more. One for each month of the year is my goal. This one is January's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment