Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Have it Your Way



I was at an Open Studio Project workshop over the weekend with 8 other women. We had such a fabulous time diving into our creative process. We were drawing, painting, collaging, assembling and writing our little hearts out.

We talked about the process and what it means to us. How we use it in our lives and how we want to share it with others. It is so great to be in community with other women who love this type of work as much as I do.

At one point one of the women explained how difficult she finds it to try to explain the process to others who aren't familiar with it. I quietly agreed and the entire group erupted in laughter and said, "Join the club! We don't know how to explain it either!" We all had a good laugh and kind of moved on to the next topic.

But it got me thinking...how do you get women in a process that you cannot clearly articulate? How can you get them excited about when they really don't understand it. What a dilemma!



Part of the problem is that the process is so unique to everyone. This is what I think makes it so powerful because it meets you where you are. It doesn't force you to do anything you don't want to do or to experience anything you don't want to experience.

If your soul is looking for a little light fun to let loose and step into creative flow, that is exactly what you will be able to experience. If you are looking to understand yourself a little more, go for it. If you want to heal some past pain or get more in touch with your body, this process can be used powerfully for all of those. It is a completely open and unique creative practice!


I offer a variety of classes to give everyone a chance to experience Freedom Art the way they need it. I have a light hearted Creative Dance Class that is just pure fun. I have Freedom Art drawing and painting classes that are more structured with a beginning, middle and end. This format  lets each individual create their own experience that is perfectly tailored to where they are at that moment. It is all completely unique. There is even a class coming up that is all about nurturing yourself and taking care of yourself.


Perhaps I haven't been able to completely define what this practice is and guess what, I don't think you will fully understand it until you give it a try. If you would like to learn more, you can go to my website and sign up for my newsletter. You will get my free ebook, Take Back Your Life With Freedom Art when you sign up. That ebook with take you through the steps of Freedom Art and show you how you can try it for yourself.

I'm also teaching some classes that will give you an opportunity to come and try it out. All the supplies are here and all you have to do is show up ready to play. If you'd like to work one on one I am available to do that in the studio or online. There are so many options available to you. Isn't that amazing?!



No comments:

Post a Comment