Monday, June 20, 2011

I Miss You Guys!

It's been so strange not connecting with all my cyber friends! Summer has taken over my life even though I swore it wouldn't. It's been go-go-go with no time for much of anything. I haven't even created a piece of art since the last day of school.

But you know, I'm OK with it. I was talking about it with my friend last week and I've been thinking about it since then. What I said to her really is ringing true for me. I'm OK with everything. I'm not feeling pressured to be anywhere other than where I am. If that is at a baseball game or the third doctor's appointment for the week, it's fine.

I have time. I have all the time in the world. I can take care of my family right now and get back to art and blogging and connecting in cyber world when the time is right. I know you guys will all still be here waiting for me.

Even though my Google reader has over 1,000 blog posts I haven't read yet, I will get to them. They're not going anywhere but my kids are growing up everyday and they need me right now and I need them.

I'm guessing I have one more week of craziness and then I think I will find a bit of a lull and I can already tell you that I will be looking for a creative outlet. Something to get me back into the creative groove and to connect with my soul again. It will be lovely.

Until then I plan on taking complete joy in watching Cody win his baseball tournament, nursing Devin back to health after his oral surgery, celebrating Aidan's 9th birthday, watching Liam's confidence and joy grow on his new baseball team, helping Dallas make a plan for his future and celebrating my 15th wedding anniversary with the best husband in the world!

What are you taking joy in this summer?

3 comments:

  1. oh michelle, beautiful truly! being exactly where you are, and know it's perfectly right... that's fabulous!!! hugs and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tracy. I always love hearing from you. I hope summer is going well for you!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most self-loving act you can do. Allowing yourself to be in the moments, truely enjoying them and soaking it all up :) I am looking forward to our talk next week.

    ReplyDelete