Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Body Map

Here is my completed Body Map. It is over 8 feet tall and is hanging on the wall in my family room. I am completely in love with it, from the process to the completed piece. It has been an amazing experience!

I cut and cut and cut some more. I cut out images that spoke to me as well as tiles of color. When I thought I cut enough, I cut some more.

Before beginning to create anything I spent time working through some worksheets and writing. I ended up with a beautiful story that combined my intention with memories, experiences, feelings, and visions and I began there.

It started around my face which I imagined bathed in warm sunshine and connected to source. Because I had outlined not just my head but my hair as well, it ended up looking like a large sun.

From there I moved down to the area of my root chakra which just happened to be the same color as my favorite color. I placed down the flowers and the corset and began to work up creating this shape with spirals flowing out.

I had no idea what was emerging. I just went with the flow.

I moved up and the colors of the chakras began to appear. Orange, yellow, green and blue. Corresponding images and words found their way into the piece.



I created two beautiful bouquets of flowers which surprised me because I am not normally a flowery type of girl. But the beauty of those flowers were irresistible.


Once the top portion was complete I moved down and created a trunk filled with images of strength, spirituality, culture and self care.

I continued down and created roots stretching out and filled with wise people and symbols of culture that gave me the feeling of support and being fed by ancestors.

When I thought I was finished I knew I wasn't and I added the rich and vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds behind the roots.

I stepped back and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was complete.

When I hung it up and really spent time looking at it I was amazed at the insight that was woven throughout the piece. I marveled at the messages it gave me and how very specific it was in regard to my intention. It was as if everything has happened just perfectly.

I am not quite half way through this course and already I am in love. I can't imagine what more there is to come!

3 comments:

  1. oh this is so yummy delicious michelle!
    i'm taking this course vicariously through you ~ thank you for sharing your beautiful process!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Michelle, this is totally cool, what a way to free up your energy and bring your creative powers to full throttle. Love this idea. I am off for some more Wild Hearts training next week. New studio in the works....xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    Thanks for sharing this, with all the details of the process, etc. I find it just fascinating! This is such a fun site to visit. Glad you're having fun... it shows!

    ReplyDelete